The Jashore University of Science and Technology, Bangladesh and Pine Biotech, Inc. USA signed a virtual Memorandum of Understanding on September 27, 2022, to provide an online data-driven research curriculum and training programs on big data bioinformatics for students and faculties.
Although having huge prospects, Bangladesh is still in its infancy for biological research on bioinformatics. Not many universities in Bangladesh have well-structured bioinformatics courses that incorporate public-domain databases, research tools, peer-reviewed journals, and research organizations.
About Jashore University of Science and Technology, Bangladesh
Jashore University of Science and Technology is a government-financed public university in Bangladesh. Their mission is to foster new ideas and innovation in science and technology driven by a professional, technology-oriented, and humanistic focus, in a knowledge-based culture of excellence to serve the nation and the world in the 21st century.
In accordance with this, an MoU was signed by Dr. Iqbal Kabir Jahid, Chairman – Microbiology, and Dr. Ovinu Kibria Islam, Assistant Professor – Microbiology on behalf of Jashore University of Science and Technology, Bangladesh. Commenting on the collaboration, Dr. Iqbal Kabir Jahid said, “Together, we will be working to engage educators, researchers, biologists, clinicians, bioinformaticians as well as the students to increase the awareness of biology as a data science.”
On behalf of Pine Biotech, Inc. USA, Mr. Elia Brodsky, CEO, and Dr. Mohit Mazumder, Global Business Development Head signed the MoU. In association with the collaborative agreement, Dr. Mohit Mazumder said, “We are delighted to have the Department of Microbiology, Jashore University of Science and technology part of the OmicsLogic community. The agreement will allow our teams to work collaboratively to solve challenges to get to the goals of the program and the offerings described in the agreement. ”
The MoU coverage is focused on:
- Bioinformatics and Data Science Research Meetings, Webinars, and Hands-on Workshops.
- Collaborative Partnership Program: Personalized Training and Research Experience.
- University Faculty Project Based Curriculum, Coursework, and Commercialization.
- Independent Faculty/Student Research Projects and Mentor-Guided Research Publications.
- Part-Time/Full-Time Paid Industrial Internship: Campus Growth Ambassadors, Student Mentors, and Business and Marketing Interns.
- International Collaborative Translational Bioinformatics Research Project and Services.
- International OmicsLogic Research Symposium and Bioinformatics Hackathon.
- Student Placement Guidance and Start-Up Development.
The collaboration is a part of the OmicsLogic Partnership University Program, which provides personalized training and research experience to help participants develop critical scientific thinking, using modern bioinformatics, and data science practices on industry-relevant problems.
If you are faculty or from the administration interested in the OmicsLogic University Partnership Program for your students, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Check out our previous university collaborations, here:
- Memorandum of Understanding Signing Ceremony: Debre Tabor University, Ethiopia & Pine Biotech, USA – https://edu.omicslogic.com/blog/memorandum-of-understanding-signing-ceremony-debre-tabor-university-pine-biotech-usa
- Asian University For Women, Bangladesh: Student Learning Journey – https://edu.omicslogic.com/blog/asian-university-for-women-bangladesh-student-learning-journey
- Memorandum of Understanding Signing Ceremony: Government City College, Hyderabad & Pine Biotech, USA – https://edu.omicslogic.com/blog/memorandum-of-understanding-signing-ceremony-government-city-college-hyderabad-pine-biotech-usa
- Stella Maris College, Chennai: Student Learning Journey – https://edu.omicslogic.com/blog/stella-maris-college-chennai-student-learning-journey
- MoU signing between Amity University, Noida & Pine Biotech, Inc USA – https://edu.omicslogic.com/blog/virtual-mou-signing-ceremony-between-amity-university-noida-pine-biotech-inc-usa
- Virtual MoU Signing Ceremony: Pine Biotech & IIMT University, Meerut – https://edu.omicslogic.com/blog/virtual-mou-signing-ceremony-between-pine-biotech-usa-iimt-university-meerut
- Collaborative Summer Bioinformatics & Data Science University Partnership Training Program with REVA University- Pine Biotech 2022 – https://edu.omicslogic.com/blog/bioinformatics-data-science-training-program-for-reva-university