- Previous research experience with several academic publications
- A minimum of a Master’s degree, preferably a PHD in one of the following: Molecular and Cell Biology, Bioinformatics, Virology, Oncology or Neuroscience, preferably with knowledge of NGS data types and analysis methods.
- Basic or advanced R, python and/or bash and good understanding of biostatistics and machine learning methods
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and experience with public speaking
- Experience and skill as a manager and organizational leader; including direct supervision, staff development, and planning for organizational performance
- A passion for education, bioinformatics, data science and biology
- Ability to manage and develop multiple programs and projects simultaneously
- Ability to conduct Online sessions (Workshop & Webinar) & Offline Onsite Workshops
- Ability to monitor and evaluate big data bioinformatics projects for faculty & students
What this role would entail:
We’re looking for an experienced person with a good grasp on molecular biology and data science, interested in teaching, curriculum development and research project support. We’re seeking a team player and a motivated, independent person that can handle multiple projects ranging from research support to curriculum development. On the technical aspect, you would be able to perform bioinformatics analysis of multi-omics data with machine learning-based integration of results. Advanced analysis methods and results have to be transformed into a biologically meaningful story. You would be developing new curriculum and content for our platforms that reflects advances in the field of bioinformatics and current research needs of clients as well as interacting with and educating students. This role would require you to provide oversight and scheduling of bioinformatics projects & programs. You would also provide oversight, mentoring, and educational instruction to faculty, staff, undergraduate, and/or graduate students who would be developing research projects and curriculum. You would work with the team in the completion of research and service projects and to develop new revenue streams in bioinformatics.